Data Integration Services
Data Integration Modernization
Organizations have traditionally used the ETL approach to data integration: Extract, Transform, and Load. This process is resource-heavy and typically runs overnight, refreshing once every 24 hours. The pure onslaught of big data in recent years has many organizations scrambling for new modern methods of integrating this sudden flood of information. It is time to rethink the approach to modern data integration services with new solutions and systems.
Meridian’s Data Governance Team will engage to assess your organization’s maturity and capabilities related to Data Integration and Interoperability.
Here are the facets we will examine in this area:
- Overall Data Integration Framework & Data Interoperability Strategy
- Data Conversion and Data Migration strategies
- Current state of Data Integration & Sharing capabilities across enterprise systems
- Internal and external Data Interface Management
- Effectiveness of existing Data Warehouses, Data Marts and Data Hubs
- Costs associated with Data Integration Solutions and Data Interoperability, including opportunity costs
Data Integration Services
The ultimate goal of all data integration services is to provide your organization access to its most critical data when it's needed most. To do this, data integration analysts work with internal teams to first gain a complete 360° view of how data is currently managed. This perspective allows a unique plan to be built for the data set including the steps necessary to reach the final goal.
- Our team of data integration analysts begin with a complete review of your data infrastructure framework, and the various platforms being used. They then work with you to determine which data sets should be included and which can be excluded. This includes gathering applicable data from both external and internal sources.
- Since data integration solutions involve combining data sets from different sources and systems, data anomalies are a given. Our team will analyze these anomalies to create an understanding of how and why they exist and then develop a plan to approach these anomalies and ensure the correct information is extracted from the data.
- Large amounts of data inevitably comes with "noise data" or information your organization doesn't necessarily need. During this step of the process our specialists perform data cleansing services which involves removing duplicate data, correcting erroneous data, eliminating unrelated or unwanted data, and semantic matching for unstructured data. By enriching the data quality we ensure the final data set is clean and accurate.
- The final step is the integration itself. This step can only take place after all the data has been analyzed, scrutinized, and cleansed. As we bring the data together, create new records, completing missing records, and ensure values for existing attributes are accurate, we are then ready to present the data in a form which is ready to be analyzed and acted upon.
Big Data Framework Integration
The amount of data created and maintained by modern organizations is immense. Data Integration Solutions are the processes utilized to move, consolidate, and communicate data across systems. Data Integration Services and Data Interoperability are critical to Data Governance because they play a key role in the management and utilization of “Big Data” across an organization in the form of Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence platforms. If poorly managed, this aspect of Data Governance can overwhelm an organizations ability to move, transform, and utilize their data effectively across the organization.
Today's data comes from many sources including: machine-generated data, web user input, internal team member generated data, data from the Internet of Things (IoT), social media platforms and more. Each data set can provide a unique perspective on an organization when analyzed. The challenge is integrating these various platforms into a manageable format upon which actionable insights can be discovered. Meridian Integration specializes in Big Data framework integration. Contact us today for a consultation.
Our Storage footprint and cost was continually increasing, Quality of test data was insufficient in spite of higher volumes of accounts to provide more scenarios, refreshing test environments was time consuming due to higher account volumes, no method in place to provide purge functionality that would maintain data integrity. After implementing the Meridian EDMS platform the Immediate result was the elimination of 17TB of premium storage that supported test environments and one high end Unix server that hosted the databases, reductions in storage growth provided O&M savings of $2 M costs over 5 Years, avoided capital costs of $4.4 M from storage purchases no longer required, smaller test databases through EDMS functionality that provides representative samples of accounts specific to our installation, faster test database refreshes through EDMS representative samples and Improved test quality through an EDMS data extraction process which allows users to extract accounts that specifically address their test scenarios.
— (BGE) Baltimore Gas and Electric Company