Transportation Data Governance Services
There is always a growing need for transportation data governance to improve the security, quality and management of data assets for programmatic and stakeholder needs. Few industries require such strict compliance and collaborative effort across numerous functional areas where data is collected, stored and analyzed.
Meridian Integration provides expertise in several areas, such as implementation services, advisory services, consulting services, training services and managed services to help transportation organizations benefit from improved data governance. We provide the framework and methodologies to help business managers, partners, and stakeholders better understand and apply each aspect of data management for the entire lifecycle of transportation-related data assets.
EDMS Data Governance Features:
- Standardize process to address data needs
- Integrate data across all functional areas
- Access quality data needed to drive decision-making
- Prevent redundant or corrupt data collection
- Maintain specified data storage standards
- Provide security and accessibility of data assets
EDMS Data Governance Benefits:
- Repeatable & automated processes around data management
- Improved data quality and usability
- Improved data security and auditability
- Increased visibility into costs associated with data
- Increased accountability for use of data & appropriate use of data
- Standardized lifecycle management for data use
EDMS Data Goverance Objectives:
- Clear set of definitions, policies, and procedures to streamline process for data management
- Implement new policies and procedures for improvement in data consistency and quality.
- Provide reliable 360-degree view of data for functional areas
- Improved documentation to accurately capture the types of data collected
- Protect against all types of unauthorized access to data assets
- Streamline data management systems to address redundant and corrupt data.
Our Storage footprint and cost was continually increasing, Quality of test data was insufficient in spite of higher volumes of accounts to provide more scenarios, refreshing test environments was time consuming due to higher account volumes, no method in place to provide purge functionality that would maintain data integrity. After implementing the Meridian EDMS platform the Immediate result was the elimination of 17TB of premium storage that supported test environments and one high end Unix server that hosted the databases, reductions in storage growth provided O&M savings of $2 M costs over 5 Years, avoided capital costs of $4.4 M from storage purchases no longer required, smaller test databases through EDMS functionality that provides representative samples of accounts specific to our installation, faster test database refreshes through EDMS representative samples and Improved test quality through an EDMS data extraction process which allows users to extract accounts that specifically address their test scenarios.
— (BGE) Baltimore Gas and Electric Company