Enterprise Data Management Suite (EDMS)
What is EDMS?
EDMS is an end-to-end data management solution designed to simplify the complex challenges and operations associated with Big Data. In addition to non-production infrastructure size reduction, EDMS focuses on shielding the technicalities of “where” and “how” data from large systems is stored and extracted, thereby empowering non-technical users with the ability to drive key support processes without heavy reliance of the IT department.
Seven Core Components of EDMS:
- Copy Data Management (CDM)
- Data Retention Management (Purge & Archive)
- Software Configuration Management & Automatic Workflow
- Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Data Quality Management (DQM)
- Continuous Integration & Dev Ops
- Automated Test Data Management
In greater detail, EDMS provides a number of Enterprise Data Governance functions.
- Point-and-Click Environment “Build-Out” Using Data Subsets to Save Time and Space
- Base-lining Configuration for Release Management and Change Control
- Intelligent Data Sub-setting (Who, What, When, Where and How)
- Data Conversion Sampling (Moving legacy accounts into newer CRM/ERP instances using a graphical interface)
- Configuration Compare and Merge for Multi-Project Streams
- Release Management Workflow and Approvals
- Code Migration and Version Control Integration
- Automation and EDMS Integration using the EDMS REST API (i.e., Batch Schedulers, SOA, etc.)
- Data Correlation for Full Stack Support in Smaller Environments (Supports End-to-End Testing in Subset Environments)
- Data Purge & Archive Using our Data Retention Manager for Aging/Retired Data (Pre & Post Conversion)
- Reduce Size of Non-Production Data by up to 80%
Our Storage footprint and cost was continually increasing, Quality of test data was insufficient in spite of higher volumes of accounts to provide more scenarios, refreshing test environments was time consuming due to higher account volumes, no method in place to provide purge functionality that would maintain data integrity. After implementing the Meridian EDMS platform the Immediate result was the elimination of 17TB of premium storage that supported test environments and one high end Unix server that hosted the databases, reductions in storage growth provided O&M savings of $2 M costs over 5 Years, avoided capital costs of $4.4 M from storage purchases no longer required, smaller test databases through EDMS functionality that provides representative samples of accounts specific to our installation, faster test database refreshes through EDMS representative samples and Improved test quality through an EDMS data extraction process which allows users to extract accounts that specifically address their test scenarios.
— (BGE) Baltimore Gas and Electric Company