Get a Quote
Enterprise Data Security Solutions
Enterprise Data Security is a key component to any Enterprise Data Governance Framework. The primary goal of Enterprise Data Security is to ensure policies & procedures, as well as technologies are integrated to protect an organization's information assets in accordance with:
- Internal information stakeholder requirements
- Regulatory and compliance requirements
- Contractual requirements
Enterprise Data must be categorized in regards to its sensitivity and risk level before effective Enterprise-Level Data Security can occur. Clear visibility into the location and movement of this data within and outside of the organization is essential to Enterprise Data Security. Business Leaders, Data Managers, Information Technology Professionals, Security Professionals and other key data stakeholders must then work together to create a comprehensive Data Security Program.
Meridian’s Data Governance Team will work with your organization to assess the current state of your Data Security Solutions, using the below Data Management Maturity Model as a benchmark. We will then create and execute a plan in alignment with Data Governance best practices to move your Data Security Solutions forward on the maturity scale.
Enterprise-level data security has become a hot topic in the news as major security breaches seem to occur every week. Where many IT professionals approach security with a tactical mindset, it is often better to take a long-term view of your organization's data security solutions and put the proper policies in place to prevent breaches. When an organization finds itself reacting to threats, it's already too late. The proper processes must be put into place, and followed diligently well in advance; when it comes to enterprise-level data security an ounce of prevention is definitely worth a pound of cure.
What can we do internally to help increase data security? Each member of the organization needs to take responsibility for the data being used and shared throughout the team. There are several small daily tasks which can attribute to the overall security of your organization's data:
- When data moves, it needs to be tracked. Every process within the organization that plays a roll in viewing, collecting or manipulating data needs to be monitored and encrypted.
- When sensitive data is stored it needs to be encrypted with encryption keys kept in a separate location or by different individuals.
- Automated scanning tools can be used to constantly monitor the internal applications and network
- Any time data is accessed or manipulated it needs to be logged. These logs should be audited on a regular basis and automatically monitored by systems which can detect anomalies and unexpected patterns to stop problems before they begin.
- Seed your data with "false flags." These are data values which can be easily identified and help track down security leaks. Data security tools can automatically alert team members when "false flags" are found, such as when queried in a search engine.
Early customer adoption of this powerful customer engagement platform from Meridian Intergration has greatly exceeded our expectations
— The City of Long Beach, California